Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Kriti Bhakti...

You can't really pay off what your parents have done for you... and it is the most compassionate relationship ever. They dedicate their entire life for you and they don't feel an ounce of pain or sacrifice. In fact after going through so much they end up feeling that they couldn't do enough for you and that they could have done better... How can you ever even up that feeling... As my friend Sarang puts it, even thinking about paying it back would be like a sin...

So I was thinking... can you ever pay it back... I was reading this beautiful book (I don't remember the name of...) long time back... and from that I realize that the only way that you can pay back is through Kritagyata or thankfulness. Because no matter how many materialistic pleasures you get them, they cannot be bought off... But just by expressing your thankfulness, you can make their life complete...

Just by being a good son / daughter, just by showing through your actions that you are thankful to them... just by making them feel that they are the best parents in the world... you pay back for all the sacrifices they have made... because you make them realize that it was all worth it...

I call this Kriti Bhakti... devotion through thankfulness... All my actions, everything that I do or say... is dedicated to them... I am an aethist and I do not believe in God... I only believe in what I see... I see them...

No comments: