Friday, September 07, 2007

Do we really need God...?

I am not an aeithist... But I am not a believer either... You could say I am somewhere between an aethist and a believer... But very close to being an aethist... Let me put it this way... I do not believe in the existence of a personal God... I do not believe that if you pray feverishly, God will come and bless you with stuff that you want... I also do not believe in intelligent design of the universe. I do not think God designed and created this universe, even though I cannot yet explain how it all started... But I am sure science will some day come up with a theory and enough circumstantial evidence to prove the creation of the universe.

But on the other hand, sometimes when times are really hard, I do wish that there were a personal God or an angel rather who would come and rescue me... But it seems nothing like that has ever happened... every single time I was in trouble I have had to work my way through it...

So the point is if nothing in life is free and if you have to work for everything, if praying really doesn't help except giving you solace and perhaps increasing your patience, then is there really a need to believe in God...?

If we think that God created everything, and if we start assuming that God is the Cause and Effect of everything, If we truly believe in God then wouldn't we stop experimenting? If the answer to every question is God... wouldn't we stop asking questions?

The only reason why we doubt ourselves is that we don't have a satisfactory answer to our questions... If God is the satisfactory answer to all our questions, viz. the creation of the universe, the existence before the beginning of time, etc. wouldn't we stop exploring...?

No comments: